Thursday, July 13, 2006

Attacked by sharks...

So I got attacked by sharks today...no, not surfing as one might imagine. Rather in the comfort of the backyard by women who are passionate about selling beauty products...the Arbonne sharks! My friend Sarah is hooked up with selling the Arbonne product (it's a great product I might add for a little plug!) Anyways, they had a presentation/party tonite and were trying to find other consultants. As they were boasting of 96 billion dollars in sales, the only thing I could think of was all the children starving in Africa, and we're spending our money on lotion to make us look younger for a couple years! Maybe there's something wrong with me!
If I was even remotely girly I MIGHT consider considering it...but I can honestly say I love what I do, and no extra cash in the bank or retirement security could change my mind. My passion is hanging out with youth and spending time with my camera, and I just don't feel God's calling on my life is to sell expensive lotion.
Anyways, I did get to go to the beach this morning and managed to catch a couple waves (although I didn't end up riding them for very long). I haven't been surfing in over 2 years, and my body was EXHAUSTED, but I LOVE IT!!! I'm going out again this weekend, and the place we're going beach camping next week has some excellent surf...WOOT! WOOT! The sad part about the whole surfing experience was that I wasn't wearing a rash guard...and so I now have a rash on my stomache that is VERY painful (I'm sure there's an Arbonne product to fix that!)
Tonite was PT...our girl's nite out. Haul out the camo and hello Katie (my naughty alter ego for those who haven't met her yet!) Alas, this is where the entry must end...since I am sworn to secrecy and cannot reveal any of the happenings - only those married into the PT circles receive such priveleges...and even then the information is limited!
It was good to hang out with all my Cali friends again and be crazy...it has been WAY too long! Don't worry...I'm still coming home!

1 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

Jilly BIlly and I swam with real sharks!! EEEEp

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home