Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! Datenite at the movies...

I was awoken today in the wee hours of the morning (the kids got a head start on their sleep and their room adjoins mine...bad combination for a non-morning person!) Anyways, at least I got enough to make it thru the day! Todays exciting news was that we found and utterly obliterated a couple more black widows. Other than that it was a relax day...the only thing on our schedule was swimming lessons for all the kids at 11 and date nite at the movies for the parents.
I helped the master chef, JJ, with dinner tonite. Check this out...





Cedar-planked grilled salmon, oven-roasted potatoes, and grilled veggies on a bed of cheeze...it was AWESOME! It was nice to have "adult" time. We ended up going to the block (an AMAZING shopping center about 20 minutes away...Ron Jon's surf shop is there - a staple for ANY California visit!)
After an hour or so of shopping or grabbing a coffee, we hooked up with Pirates of the Carribean II. I know this may shock you, but aside from Johnny Depp being extremely attractive, and Orlando Bloom being a ridiculous actor who you can't help but mock and laugh at...I didn't really care for it. I can hear the gasps of horror echo across the Pirate world, and maybe I will have to invoke parlay in my sleep tonite, but I really don't think it measured up to its potential. I mean, "Elizabeth Swan" reverts to hucking sand as a form of protest, only to morph into Xena warrior princess, wield a couple swords and kick some major sea-creature butt five seconds later. And what's up with all the fight scenes in rolling things...isn't that getting a bit old? I was disappointed...
But I did get to drive home in Ryan's new Lexus...very slick car by the way, but I wouldn't trade Casper for it...I do love my Bug! After enjoying dessert on the patio, and a brief stint with the hot tub, I am off to bed. We leave for beach camping in the morning, and I'm going to be on the back of a bike at 7:45 am...and I don't want to be falling asleep half way thru the trip!
So yeah, I'll update when I get back on Friday...time is going so quickly!

1 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

YAY for relax days, in which you still do a lot! hahaha. If i liked salmon dude that would be an amazng meal! I totally like the block at orange. I accidently stumbled upon in May while in search for the Hawaii store and oh you better believe i hit Ron Jon's!! I'm actually wearing my favorite flip flops from there...$4!! OH and yeah, Pirates was a bit of a let down but for me it was because it felt pointless at the end, no closure AT ALL, and i know i know they have another one coming out but still. i dont think watching it after a very busy day at like 10pm was such a good idea. *we watched in down town disney!!* HOWEVER I loved the rolling fight scenes hahaha and i did like the movie. ANYWAYS long comment eh!?! *aparantly i lost my hey somewhere in exchange for eh! NOOOO!!!* well i hope you have an awesome time beachcamping! and i'll read about it soon!
love love

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home