Sunday, July 23, 2006

One last ride...



It is only by the grace of God that I am writing this blog to you tonite. I went on a bike ride with my Cali bro, Nate, on his crotch rocket (did I mention I love bikes?!!) Anyways, not five minutes out, I saw my life pass before my very eyes. An oncoming truck ran a red lite and decided to turn left across our lane…right in front of us! (we were on an advance green). We missed being the hood ornament of the Ford beast by mere seconds as it hit the Taurus traveling beside us. I cannot tell you how blessed I felt helping the lady out of her car, knowing that it was only by God’s protective hand (and all your prayers as we’ve been on this trip) that I wasn’t the one being scraped off the pavement.
In a moment life reminds you how fragile you are, held in the hands of the One who created you. I know I can trust Him with my life and that there is nothing that can happen outside His knowledge. It felt good to be reminded I am in HIS care, and the purpose and protection He bathes me in every day.
I have full confidence of my salvation that I need not fear death – but live life, every moment, with purpose. Purpose in my friendships, my family, my relationship with God. Taking each moment to reflect His goodness and the gratitude held deep within my heart. If I could impart one thought from this, it is DON’T WAIT! God wants you to trust Him and experience the peace of resting your life in His hand. Don’t let another day go by that He is not a part of…stop running from Him and let Him hold you in arms that will never let you go.
On a much lighter note, Steve got his first taste of In-and-Out tonite…the best burger joint in the whole of California. No trip is complete with out a double double animal style…it is definitely worth the drive!


Today was 110 degrees…did a little surfing this morning before spending the rest of the day in the pool with the kids and the last of the quality time with our California Family. We lost power for a bit, but it didn’t impact our air conditioner for too long! Tomorrow we leave for Canada…it will be a long road back to the North across some amazing countryside. Thanx in advance for your prayers…maybe I’ll get to jot a bit on our trip, but if not….see you on the other side!

2 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

Dude that surf board is HUGE. DUDe you almost got killed!! MAN ALIVE! that's freaky anne! so glad that you and the lady in the Taurus are ok. holy hannah. geez louis! I'm soo glad that you had an awesome time in Cali, your lookin' berry berry dark! NICE. it's flippin' hot here too....yesterday was something like 38, crazy i tell ya CRAZY. haha anyways love love

1:19 PM  
Blogger Drivertiser said...

I was almost run off the road last Thursday... not on a bike, but still kinda freaky in itself. I'm glad you didn't die:o) And just like a good server, I am not surprised at all that you helped that lady out of her car! Good job :o)

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home